Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jet Tech (Siemens) Sludge tank mixing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daamz

Civil/Environmental
Jan 6, 2006
US
Hi all,

Has anyone worked with tank mixing system from Jet Tech (was under USFilters and now under Siemens)? I am trying to determine if it is as good as the Rotamix jet sytem. We currently use Flygt mixers in wash water EQ basins (>0.01% solids), sludge EQ basin (>0.35% solids) and sludge holding tanks (up to 4% solids) in a water treatment plant. However those mixers (propeller type) keep failing every 6 months or so.

Regards

Daamz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure exactly what you are doing, but you should note that some of the designs for sludge tank mixing use chopper pumps. One would think that the chopper pump systems would have less problems than plain old submersible pumps in regards to plugging up with stringy solids.

Jet-tech are the best of the 3 systems I use in my area. We had similar problems with flyght , as I guess you've had with ragging. We have aone jet tech system fitted in a 20x15m storm tank and it works very very well with as yet breakdowns or trips after a year in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back