Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

johnhors

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisb

Structural
Feb 1, 2005
GB
johnhors has been one of the most frequent contributors to this forum, this sad news appears in the latest copy of the magazine DEVELOP3D.

DAMT has produced 16 articles for DEVELOP3D, the first 15 were checked by John Horspool. I am grateful for his excellent input and advice over this period. Unfortunately John recently passed away. He had been battling bravely against a terrible disease and leaves his wife and two children. John will be sorely missed, we have "put the world to right" on many occasions. The FEA community has lost a major player and campaigner.

So sad to hear about John's sudden departure! I worked with John as part of a team of Analysis Engineer @ M.B.D. where He was the top notch FEA expert/consultant!

Just last week, jokingly, I was talking to a colleague of mine about 3-2-1 constraints and Johns name came up ..then I got the shocker of a news about His passing away.

John would be missed by all those who knew him, or had the oportunity to work with him in a team; but He will be missed more by the FEA community especially here in the UK.

May His Soul find rest and peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back