Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining Segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

PENSENGR

Structural
Oct 23, 2006
US
I am trying to join to segments in SAP2000. I have a diagonal member that is connected to a horizontal member at its midpoint. I am trying to connect to the two members to modle the horizontal support, but when I try to connect the segments they wont connect.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pensengr, make sure the SAP snap tools are activated correctly, particularly the "snap to midpoint" option, and "snap to grids and joints" if there is a grid intersection or joint at the midpoint. Without the snaps being activated, it's easy to miss the precise point you are trying to connect to when drawing frames or joints. By the way, I note that you use the term 'join segments'. Are you talking about connecting adjacent frame elements which are disconnected, or are you talking about drawing a new frame connected to the midpoint? Give more details about what you are tyring to do if the snap tool suggestion does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back