Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Journal Post Process cycle through selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPriest

Industrial
Feb 12, 2013
GR
Hi all!
I would like to create a journal that will just cycle through a program (lets call the master program 1234), in the Program order view, and post process everything inside it separately, whether they are progs or operations (a lot of times we post grouped operations together). I do not want it to dig in the subprogs and post their operations, because for example there could be a program called 'fin_em10' that contains a lot of operations that use the specific endmill.

I have a custom cam environment, so I now select the first operation/program --> post process --> OK, select the second operation / program --> post process--> OK etc. (output name is automatically set from the operation/group selected, because of my custom configuration.

This is time consuming and I think it should not be so hard to implement as a journal, but I am a newbie in vb so it's kind of hard.

Thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back