Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jpegs in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fafa12345

Computer
May 19, 2006
US
Sorry if this is a simple question.

I am doing a 3d model for a client/architect who only uses 2005, and i use 2002. Anyway, i did the 3d model in 2002 and opened it in 2005, and i am switching the model over to a "mass model" so the client can easily stretch it out.

Anyway, he asked if there was an easy way to print out views. I'm assuming there is a way to print the model as a jpeg, and then he can print that out.

Is there an easy way to turn a view into a jpeg in 2005?

Please be aware that i literally opened 2005 for the first time a few days ago.

Thanks for any help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to plot and see if in, "plotter conviguration" on the plot device tab, you have "PublishToWeb JPG.pc3" this allows you to plot to file. You just need to specify the location at the bottom of the screen and tell it to plot. I don't know if it will produce the quality you want but it should work.

Using the render command, you can render to a file(jpg, tiff, bmp). You can also set the viewport to render and plot to a pdf driver if you have adobe acrobat, creates a nice pdf file thats printable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back