Just started working ( ADVICE REQUEST) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

outr4ge

Bioengineer
Jan 15, 2014
PT
Hello all! I am new here!

I am a biological engineer currently working for a company that manufactures large scale stainless steel equipment and turnkey projects.

Since i am new to all the mechanical and process aspects of design i was wondering what kind of advice people here could give to a newcomer like me. It can be in the form of books, algorithms, methods, strategies, etc...

SInce my academic background is linked more to biological processes and chemistry, i am lacking a bit in process design, although i have some stuff that I learned at UNI.

I started looking into P&ID's and i am currently trying to tie together a project for a food supplement plant, built from scrath.

Any advice you all could give me would be of extreme importance!

Thank you all!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some of the best advices come from the floor people such as foremen and workers who have been at their tasks for a long time. As a new engineer, get to know these people real well without being smart about otherwise, they'll snub you. Pick their brains, nicely, and you'll learn more than from books. Also don't forget to pick the brains of any senior engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back