Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just tell it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenda

Electrical
Feb 8, 2007
CN
Hello dears
Last summer,I gratuated from college majoring in Electronic Sience and Technology,at that time we classmates acronymed it "EST" and we said "Be EST",then we become the "BEST",at that time we did think we were always the best(how innocent as I think now),we studied the semiconductor knowledge ,the IC principle,we wanted to be a engineer or expert on electronics,then we gratuated,the first thing was to get a job,unfortunately,we were all confronted with many trouble when making the first step.Anyhow one year passed,the beautiful dream broke down into pieces, and now I surve in a factory on a job production related.this is a German-owned company,the engineer dep. is in German,far away from me now.sometimes ,I feel it the arrangment of the faith which we human being can not resist except accepting.

so I try to calm myself down ,
the gold would always spark no matter where it is laid.

We are always available to help each other.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fenda,

I think you get the prize for the most spelling mistakes in one post.

This is not being picky, it is often hard to understand and doesnt make you look very professional.

csd

csd I agree

Fenda,
I believe it is spelled Fender, as in the guitar, or fender as in the automotive component that surrounds the wheel

The OP still made themselves understood, for the most part. Is English their native language? I know that if it weren't mine that I would have a very difficult time making myself understood here.

Hey how about some compassion? I see lots of superiority being shown. I know that I couldn't post a response in a language other than english.

Fenda good luck with your job search.

Fenda,

Be grateful that one year out of college you have a job. It may not be the job of your dreams, but many work a lifetime without getting that job. I have friends who had huge ambitions coming out of college, but life had different plans for them (meaning: they had children). In order to feed and clothe their kids they had to take jobs that weren't what they expected but at least brought in a steady paycheck. After a few years, they were able to move up the ladder and get better jobs (still not what they expected, but good jobs nevertheless).

If you start to look at your present job in production as a stepping stone to something greater, in time it will become one. From the sounds of it, you are discouraged, and that is natural, but the negative attitude that comes with discouragement might be preventing you from seeing opportunities when they arise.

Good luck

waskillywabbit,Thanks ,it sounds something like the "Matrix"
;)
csd72,also thanks for your kind prize, :) Yes,I should have checked before submitting this post,I forgot,and I would never make it happen again.But I do admit I am NOT professional,that is the reason I log on here,I hope for more communication in a wide environment,would I also be welcomed here though all of that?
JsTyLz ,"Fenda" is just a English name for me ,which is created by myself,I do know there is no word "fenda"in the dictionary even it is edited by the cambridge.it just pronounces a little like my native name,that is all ,just like we can not find "JsTyLz "in the dictionary either.Then what I`d like to say is though I made some spelling mistakes ,the name "Fenda" is not included. :)
dvd,Thanks for your "good luck",the same to you in your daily life,comfortable or uncomfortable.
DVD,aha,last year I finished my graduate project in a DVD manufacturer named BBK, it was the switch-mode power supply for the DVD,I am not sure whether your job is DVD related , :) .
justkeepgiviner,yes positive attitute is always functional,
I remembered the film I saw "Shawshank Redemption",hope is beautiful.
Currently ,I am just getting well enough with my job (I myself regard it).
and hope everyone here would be better!

Fenda

We are always available to help each other.

Sounds like you didn't ask enough questions about what job you were being given; a mistake that you'll hopefully not repeat.

You've got a Bachelor's degree that sounds like a generalist. What did you think that made you qualified for? Process development usually requires a pure solid-state physics or chemistry degree. Design of ICs usually requires an EE degree. Your degree sounds like an exact match to production line engineering.

If you're not satisfied, you need to get another degree or another job.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Fenda,

I disagree with IRstuff. Get some experience where you are, and then go for the type of job you want. We all have a lot to learn when we leave university so dont be discouraged.

csd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back