Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping Operator Open at the End of a Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenevil

Automotive
Apr 2, 2013
US
Hi,

I frequently use heat-set threaded inserts in our 3D printed parts. In NX, I created macros and user buttons in the tool bar for each insert size which was great until I switched to NX9 and the macros stopped working. I read journaling isn't affected by upgrades so that is what I want to use this time but I have a problem. The macro simply would open the hole operator, set the values, and ends leaving me in the operator so I could select the points to create the holes. When I playback my journal, the operator closes when the journal finishes. Is there something I can edit to have the journal leave the operator open when it finishes?

I've attached a macro, journal, and my table. It would also be great if someone could cut my journal or macro down to just what I need so I could better understand how it works.

Thanks,
Scott

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5f463024-b1b1-4d13-97bd-aa8c1e0db8f7&file=Threaded_Insert.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kenevil,

Macros drive the NX user interface (UI). This means they can enter some of the dialog values and stop, allowing the user to perform adjustments, make selection(s), press Apply or Cancel.

Journals operate at a lower level where the actual NX action is performed. So, either the journal performs the operation with the supplied inputs (without user interaction), or you would have to add additional to code to your journal to create a UI (or use NX block styler).

The ability to define "Dialog Favorites" may be able to provide a codeless solution where you define additional named "presets" for the dialog accessible via the gear icon at the upper left corner. Documentation Link

HTH, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back