Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kent's Mechanical Engineering Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Kent's"? When I was going to school, the only Mechanical Engineering Reference that anyone ever talked about was "Mark's". I've never heard of "Kent's". Looking on Amazon it looks like it is kind of specific to the power industry, and hasn't been published in a while.

[bold]David Simpson, PE[/bold]
MuleShoe Engineering

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei, Italian Physicist

Taylor Hicks' "Handbook of Mechanical Engineering Calculations" is one of my favorites. Not sure if it fits the description though.

The 4 volume set of Mechanical Engineering Handbooks by Myer Kutz is probably the most comprehensive material.

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

Kent editions go back, probably, 100 years or more. It comes in two volumes which are "Power" and "Design/Production" with the 12th edition and "Design/Shop Practices" with the 11th edition. Both editions, I have. They are excellent references along with other references such as Mark's ME handbook and Perry chemical engineering handbook which I studied for my PE license. I like these book because they are relatively small(8-1/2 by 5-3/4 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back