nbucska

Electrical
Jun 1, 2000
US
Anyone knows an easy and fast way ?

<nbucska@pcperipherals DOT com> subj: eng-tips

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I usually shake mine upside down a bit to get all the chip crumbs out, followed up by a good vacuumming with a brush attachment. Finally a good wet wipe down with a rag and a cleaner that is safe for the plastic and test (simple green, diluted alcohol, etc).

Works for DOS and Windows PC, too.

Have fun

Wheels within wheels / In a spiral array
A pattern so grand / And complex
Time after time / We lose sight of the way
Our causes can't see / Their effects.

A long time ago I had an old keyboard that I would just unplug and soak in warm water. Never did die on me. In fact, I still have it. Don't know that I would try that any more with one, though!

I just cleaned mine the other day after a move. Apparently this keyboard had been around for awhile because every time I used it I felt I had to wash my hands afterward. I also had very long hairs sticking out in some places.

I went ahead and cleaned it the right way, popping off each key with a screwdriver (very easy) and cleaned each key separately while turning it over and hitting it to let all the interesting stuff fall out. Once I put it back together it looked good as new.

Pull out all the keys (can use screw driver) and wash them in a bucket of soap water. Vacuum clean the keyborad while keys dry up. Now, its the tricky part - plug in the keys in the right place!!

Throw it away, and go to Fry's or CompUSA when they have a sale going on, and get a new one for $2... Just a though, probly not what you are expecting to hear though...

-Derek
DL Engineering Services

specializing in CAD Design Consultation Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back