Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kfactor on a drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJeepster

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2002
CA
Hey there,

I am setting up SolidWorks 2003 and was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I could get the K-Factor, Bend Radius, and Material Thickness to show up on my flat pattern drawing. I know I could manually enter this infomation, but you alreay enter it into the model, so I would like to use that variable.

This would eliminate the chance for a miss type on the drawing, or the operator forgeting to update the drawing.

Any thoughts on this would be great!

Cheers,

Geoff G

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I went so far as to try it myself, and I don't see an immediate solution.

Ordinarily, I would say make a custom property and link it to the dimension, but I can't find a way to reach the dimension.

I also tried putting the part in a drawing and using "Insert-->Model items". That didn't draw it out, either.

I'll be watching, because I want to know, too Gravity is a harsh mistress. [bat]

You can get at the bend radius and part thickness sheet metal parameters easily enuff (they are annotations) but the K-Factor, as best I can see, can only be done thru API calls.

The default annotation name for the bend radius is normally "D1@Sheet-Metal1", and the default annotation name for the part thickness is "Thickness@Sheet-Metal1".

These can be linked to, set by design table, etc.
But Ive never been able to (robustly) deal with any properties that are not covered by an annotation, except thru API code, and especially if using configurations.

Example: extrude direction. Make a simple part that extrudes "up"; then make a second configuration, and then change the extrude in the second configuration so that it extrudes DOWN... you'll see both configs now extrude down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back