Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

KKS power station designation system

Status
Not open for further replies.

swagger

Mechanical
May 29, 2003
AU
I am presently working with the above alpha-numeric system but can find little reference to its origins. I know it is a German system and I have a ratty photo-copy of a guide line manual.
EG: 11MBV10AA001
11= turbine 11
MBV=lube system
10=lube oil storage
AA=valve
1=first in system
And on it goes................
My question is, if there is anyone who knows where I can pick up a "Bible" of the basic structure? as all the codes can only mean one thing. Very useful if your moving from station to station.

Regards

Swagger (Aus)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Mr. Swagger,

You can refer IEC 1346-1:1996
Title : Industrial Systems, Installations and equipment and industrial product - structuring principles & reference designations.

Regards

BOP

hi swagger,
KKS systems mainly followed by ABB and siemens power generation. There are coding and decoding guidelines of kks nos. published by this companies.

kasun

Dear Swagger

I work for a company using this KKS system (Kraftwerk Kennzeichen System). I think that companies have to write their own "Bibles" (thats what we did) following guidelines of standards like IEC 750, DIN 40719 Part 2 and other IEC and ISO standards. For effective and unique coding of equipment you need prepairation work, but when the system is properly used it can save a lot in asset management and system maintenance systems. Unfortunatly I am no expert on this system

good luck

Labbakutur

Hi Swagger
Try google search of Kraftwer-Kennzeichensystem and on the result with the weblink to kronebach.com/kks/ click translate, and you will have the english version of KKS numbering system.

Hi all,

I have some files with different KKS-designations of power plant equipment, but unfortunately only in German. I do not find my English files.

Examples:
CJJ - turbine cubicle
MA - turbine, general
MAA - HP turbine
MAB - LP turbine
MAD - turbine bearing
MAG - turbine condenser
MAJ - air evacuating system
MAK - turbine gear box
MAV - turbine lubricating system

0MAD01CT001 - a temperature measurement on a turbine bearing
0MAV01CP021 - a pressure measurement (turbine lubrication system)
etc.

I have tried to find an information source on the KKS-system, but it seems to me that there is a charge on the product:

1) It's a German site but the information on KKS can be easily found. An Englisch (or German) KKS-demo file for Windows can be downloaded. In addition you will need a licence file which you can request by e-mail from a.menger@ibgabo.de.
I myself hope to receive this file today and test the demo software.

2) Please follow the following steps (menues):
- English
- Publishing
- Publications
- 1.-VGB-Publications
- Media Data 2003 (only German)
- Informatik/Statistik/Ordnungssysteme
- KKS-Kraftwerk-Kennzeichnungssystem

Here you will find some KKS products with prices. This is in fact the publisher of the KKS system in Germany. I did not find any free software or brochure on the KKS-system.

Please let me know whether this information was useful.

Regards
hd167

Dear all,
I also work for a company using KKS.
It is considered almost as a world standard for power plants (at least by our company).
What I would like to learn or get a feeling for is, who
- does not care about the type of designation
- knows KKS but would like to use others
- knows others or is convinced of other systems.
I also know other systems but mostly very plant specific, means self made.
It's a matter of standardization and optimization: at a certain level the designations are so deeply involved that even control software is using it. What is the flexibility requested by equipment suppliers?

Anybody around able to comment on this?

Cheers
HF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back