Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Koyo PLC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrc

Electrical
Nov 8, 2001
US
Has anyone had experiance with the Automation Direct Koyo PLC? Specifically the DL06 and EZ220P operator interface.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use about 6 Direct Logic plcs a month and have lots of experience with the DL05,DL105, Dl205, DL405 families. I haven't used the DL06; but, KOYO is the best family of plcs that I've ever used. I have experience with AB, Modicon, Siemans, TI, Reliance, Square D, Telemechanique, and several others and I wouldn't use them again unless someone else was buying the hardware.

The EZ panels are great and I have no complaints with any of them. I built a robotic assembly cell 3 years ago with 2 IA robots, DL240 plc, and the Direct touch panel and it has run 24/7 for 3 years without any hiccups. I can do everything faster, quicker, smarter, and probably more reliably with this stuff than anything else I've used. I base above statement on volume of calls on existing base and experience of developing the same project with Direct Logic and then another plc. If you use a few, you'll see what I mean. I let other people pay for parties for plc salesmen.

Hi,
DL06 is a good small size PLC.
Depending on your previos experience with
other brands some attention should be paid
to counters (only UP, BCD format preset) and instruction LD (octal format), also make shure in comparison instruction used same data format.
I bilt small robot on this PLC and Stepper motors, it works well but limitation with counters make program longer and teach pedant more complicated.
EZ panel OK, really easy to program.
Pay attention to String handling limitations for some PLC brands ( for AB need to convert String file to N or B using
DATA move functions).

Thanks,
Vladimir.

OK...I've got the PLC and EZ220 up and running, and for the most part I agree that the s/w is easy to run. Couple of issues. First is a counter status. I have timer set up to time for 60 seconds, then when it rolls over it increments a counter CT55. I have a (>) compare so when the counter reaches a set value, a contact closes. What do I use to read the current value of the counter? I've tried V10055 and CT55, but neither one appears to work.

Second issue is on the EZ220 panel messages. I have status messages that get enabled when a contact closes but the message won't clear out once I disable it. I assume that the messages only display when a transistion occurs on the rung. So based on that, I have a contact that is changing state every second, and put that in series with the message output that I would like to see normally. But the message still is not over written. Any help on that?

On your counter question, The counter accumulator is CTA, therefore you want to use cta55 in your compare. I don't have a handle on your EZ220 so I'll have to think on that one.

Why would you want to display a message every second?
What is your application?

best regards, PLCSAVVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back