Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

$/kW estimate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

controlnovice

Electrical
Jul 28, 2004
US
What is the latest $/kW that is used in estimates (annual costs, Man'f comparisons, etc)? I've used 0.06/kW in the past. Has this changed lately?

Does anyone know what it is in the LA area?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

depends where you are located, in fact where the application is located. You need to review utiltiy bills of the recent past if this is an existing facility or contact a utility co. for rate structure for the given type of faciltiy.

.06 $/kW sounds too low in most places in the USA.

Sorry I can not give you an answer. I just recall 30 years ago, on a tour of the NY power pool, I asked and through out that # and it got a big laugh then.

However, my current residitial in NC is 0.065.

My current residential, as I keep tooting, is $0.256/kWh!

US prices mostly in the range from 0.03 to 0.15. Rates depend on a lot of things, including time of year. A summer-peaking utility may sell you power at 0.03 in the winter time if you agree to use electric heat, but increase rates tremendously in the summer.

FYI.... I found that the annual average is just below $0.06/kWh at our plant in LA per the Utility. Of course, more in summer, less in winter.

It's usually more difficult to get this from the utility, but they were nice this time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back