Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kyoto Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhjo

Computer
Nov 1, 2005
Hi,

Does any body know Refrigerant gas phase out schedule based on Kyoto protocol?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

See that Google search tool at the top of this page?

Type "epa.gov refrigerant phase-out" in there, click the web button and poof!

Assuming of course that you are interested in the US phase-out schedule. Other contries are probably similarly easy.

I haven't looked at these issues for awhile, but isn't refrigerant phase-out based directly on the Montreal protocol - because it addresses ozone depletion? The Montreal protocol originally set the phase-out milestones for CFC (R-12) and HCFC (R-123, R-22) refrigerants, among others. The US's 1990 Clean Air Act put many of those recommendations and a variation on the phaseout schedule into law.

The Kyoto protocol addresses global warming, which is only tangentially related to refrigerants through equipment efficiencies (despite Trane's disingenuous marketing regarding R-123 vs. R-134a).

I guess I am missing the main point here: montreal concerns about ozone and kyoto about green house effect. Refrigerant phase out listed on Montreal while kyoto mainly talking about efficiency to reduce greenhouse gass. Thanks Tombmech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back