Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Labelling Crane for Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I usually use the American standards for labelling crane load capacities, including the recommended colour and text size. Does anyone know if there is a Canadian publication that stipulates the crane colour, load capacity colour and size?

Thanks, Dik

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I thought it might be in B167, but it isn't. Looking back at old project notes, it looks like the requirement to label in BC at least is in Worksafe/OHS but not a requirement for what they look like. I think you're generally good to do anything that's reasonable and visible for the operator.

I have some of my own drawing notes, but they're not any more definitively sourced than what you're doing, it sounds like.

It seems to be pretty typical now to have a separate sign that's adhered to the beam with black text on white background. I've also seen it direct painted on the beam with either black text on a white/yellow background or white/yellow text on a black or unpainted background.

Thanks, I'll see what B167 has... I generally us the US requirements.

Again, thanks.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

...nothing.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back