Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

labour time book for refinery turn around maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

defconOne

Petroleum
Mar 2, 2011
IT
Hello all!!

I'm not sure that I'm in the right place :) because I've a question regarding the books about maintenance planning and scheduling in the refinery industries...probably I must post it in the refinery area [neutral]

does anyone know if exist a labour time book containing the hours for each activities executed during the turn around maintenance??

thank you all in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Turn arounds are generally pretty time constrained as an operation or many may be shut seriously impacting the revenues. Therefore the time things take have to be well thought out and planned accordingly as the plant with have to adjust inflows and outflow supply chains etc. leading up to and after the shut down. Will a company keep a log of past shut downs, maybe. But turn arounds are dependant on the plant and the area of a plant that is being shut down, therefore finding a book for specific activities probably will not exist. But there are plenty of rules-of-thumb which might be pretty close to the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back