Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ladder Logic Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automationnewb

Electrical
Apr 14, 2016
US
I am trying to design the ladder logic for an energy saving system with the following characteristics...

Whenever a person enters the room, they pass by sensor (IN_1), and light (OUT_1) in the lobby are turned on for 2 minutes, and then turn off automatically.

If a person exits, they pass sensor (IN_2), which turns on light (OUT_2) - which remains on for 1 minute and then turns off automatically.

When there is between 10 and 20 people in the room, one air conditioning unit is turned on (OUT_3), if more than 20 people are in the room 2 air conditioners turn on (OUT_3 and OUT_4).

(OUT_4) will turn back off when the room has less than 20 people, but (OUT_3) will remain on until there are no more people in the room.

I fell like I know how to design the majority of this system, but I am confused on how to keep OUT_3 on when there are less than 10 people in the room, as I figured I would use a Limit instruction to turn it on when 10-20 people were in the room. Could anyone suggest any solutions to this?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this for school?

xnuke
"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back