Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

LAND LINE TO VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

josedavidch

Electrical
Mar 30, 2006
Hello all,

I have just recently moved to a new facility where there is no land line instalation on the different areas of offices. I am wondering if that worst to do the wiring to every spot I need an analog line or instead, invest in a wireless phone system where I can use the lines I own from supplier. I have been researching a bit, and I only could locate VOIP to regular phone converters. What I need is a kind of router that accept the regular analog line, convert to VoIP, and route to voip phones I would get for offices. I own I small company and due to different nature of bussines, sometimes, financial, I have moved several times and every time I invest on hardwiring for network and phone just to leave it behind every time I move. This last move, I have fully convert all computers to N-wireless and only need the way to create a wireless phone network. Any tip, lead, would help.

David

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

" What I need is a kind of router that accept the regular analog line, convert to VoIP, and route to voip phones I would get for offices. "

Cisco makes those kinds of systems. It's still unclear what you're after? Do you want individual phones to have the different numbers or different extensions? Do you want to be able to transfer calls? Ostensibly, if you get something from, say, Cisco, they can probably do both, but it would cost you.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Thanks for reply.

What I want is to connect my regular fix lines to a device capable of wireslessly route/connect to phone devices, either IP phones or regular ones thru a voip gateway The whole idea is to install a wireless phone network without use Voip service but regular phone lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back