Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Large Format Plotter Recommendations (44"+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWTiff

Civil/Environmental
Aug 30, 2024
US
I am looking for reviews/experience with current plotters that are 44"+ wide.
We currently have an HP Z9dr 44", previously used an HP T1300 that recently went out of service.
We are at our wits end with the Z9. We've ran into several errors with it using Click and the drivers that come with it, usually it is a margin issue. Recently we had an error that not even support could determine the cause and they put us on an old driver to get around it after being on site for 2 days.

I've looked over the EPSON T7700D - and this appears to me more technical drawing marketed than the Z9 is.
Our HP rep agreed that the Z9 is market more towards a graphics/photo/poster printer than tech drawings ... so I'm not sure why they sold it to us knowing that, but it was before my time here.

If you have any advice or experience with a current large format plotter, please share your information with me.
We use the large format once a week on average I would say, sometimes its just one large wall map print and other times it is 20-50 sheets for 24x36 plan prints (though rarely).
When we do we need it to be reliable and not fighting with it for an hour each time to get it to print.

I came here because reviews online for these large format plotters appear few and far between, so coming to the sources!
Thanks in advance!
[thumbsup2]

Hi there, we currently have a HP plotter and I do not like it. I suggest you try to find a comparable OCE (if they are still around). The OCE plotter/scanner we used to have was absolutely incredible. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back