Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laser chiller education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorillam

Computer
Jan 16, 2017
CA
Hi Guys/Girls,

I have been operating a trumpf laser for a few year, and am a bit confused on a few things about this chiller and say chillers for a panasonic or fanuc resonator.

I am confused how the trumpf can operate on 100ML of chemicals yearly, with 0 buidup of anything at all no problems. And only change yearly.

But the panasonic requires 10 liters of corossion inhibitors and a seperate bacterial agent changed every 3 months.

My general consesus is the trumpf has seperate circuits.

But can someone please educate me on what does fail if the water gets shitty, we rarely run the machines. They only run a few hours a week unfortunately after our downturn. I understand what happens when corroision happens, the electrodes and mirrors basically disintegrate

But what does the bacteria do, and is there a better chemical for the panasonic that I can use with distilled pure water less them 1ppm to lengthen the interval to over a year for water changes.

Thanks,
A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back