Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laser Marking Machine Support after purchasing/shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Hang

Industrial
Mar 4, 2021
IN
When we purchased the machine most of the people worry about any issue that might arise in the machine after the delivery. What are you thinking about support and customer care support for quarry about machine.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think about it.

Your question makes no sense. I suspect that English is not your first language. Ask a different person to translate the question that you actually want to ask. Perhaps it may help to tell the rest of us, exactly which machine you purchased, and what the customer-support issue is.

"Support" concerns AFTER purchase:
[ul]
[li]Does the company have spare parts stocked, ready to ship, in a facility in my country? I require next-day delivery for everything.[/li]
[li]Does the company have service technicians available for same day / next day emergency service? The vendor must demonstrate to me a sufficient number of technicians on staff.[/li]
[/ul]

Whenever I purchased equipment for production, part of the decision process was selecting a vendor with excellent support. And I was willing to pay for it. I never wanted to be known as the person whose poor machinery vendor choices shut down production.

Once, I was required to use a Chinese plastic extruder machine for a project. It was purchased by another engineer. All of the components of the machine were sourced in China. All of the service technicians were dispatched from China. Phone calls asking for a service appointment were through China, and the person on the other end of the phone line was polite, but spoke poor English. Keeping this machine running under these conditions was...very difficult.

TygerDawg
Blue Technik LLC
Virtuoso Robotics Engineering

I think the question makes perfect sense. When you buy a cheap machine don't expect support from the manufacturer, especially in the long term. Product support is a part of the initial purchase price as you are paying the manufacturer to retain knowledgeable staff and stock spare parts.

Original poster needs to clarify whether this machine is one from a well known, reputable manufacturer with a global footprint and with local distribution and support, or whether it's the cheapest thing someone found on the internet. Either way, you tend to get what you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back