Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layer Masking in Drawing Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooldeziner

Aerospace
Oct 14, 2005
US
Hello,
Is it possible to use layering to prevent certain items from appearing in drawing views? I have a top assembly that interfaces with several subassemblies. Each of these subassemblies occupies the same space, but at different intervals in the fabrication process. I would like to show a series of views on the drawing, with each view showing a different subassembly interfacing with the top assembly, but I want to keep the top assembly and all the subassemblies under the same product. Hide show is not adequate to accomplish this, unless I lock each view prior to unhiding the next configuration. This becomes quite cumbersome should there be any changes in the future. I have also tried Overload Properties, but it doesn't regenerate the lines that were hidden behind the edited part. Each dashed line must be manually edited to become solid. So many lines, so little time. Thanks for reading this far; any advice would be welcome.

Thanks, 'ziner

"PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Layer won't work like V4.

You have to use scenes in the assembly and define the view from a scene so you don't have to lock it

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back