Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leap technology combustor discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm pretty sure that LEAP Engine technology is proprietary to CFM.

IF CFM is not forthcoming to You/company, I doubt anyone here can... or would/should... provide any detailed information on this technology.

Non-proprietary literature search is Your only legal avenue for technical or maintenance data.

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

There doesn't seem to be a lack of basic info all over the 'net concerning 'Twin Annular Premixing Swirler' technology (if that's what you're referring to).

It's presumably patented, probably decades ago and likely expired by now. Obviously such patents are on-line, if you have time to find them.

SWComposites: For some reason a number of languages translate the word "question" to "doubt." I think it is from the overlap in using them as synonyms as verbs in "I doubt your motive" and "I question your motive" rather than as not synonyms when used as nouns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back