Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Learning NX CAM Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_M

Mechanical
Aug 4, 2021
US
When I make a change to a body (for example split a face, or modify text, or add a feature), it requires me to regenerate all the tool paths having to do with that body, even those that have nothing to do with affected area. Is this intended? Is there a different way to do this so I don't need regenerate all the unrelated tool paths?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes I believe it is the intended behavior.
You can take the risk of Locking toolpaths, but is it worth it. You can generate the operations in the background.

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer

NX 12.02 Vericut 8.2.2

If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses

- Henry Ford

Yes, that it is expected if the body is being used for all your operations. The purpose is so affected operations will update automatically, such as for the size or location for features. Other purposes for this is rest machining, clearance moves updating correctly and cutting simulation. Your operations will be very reliable using the intended methodology.

However, if you want to avoid regenerating unaffected operations, in each operation you could select only the faces you want to machine but you will lose a lot of functionality.

I hope this helps.

NX 1946

If you do not want to regenerate, especially for an operation that is not being affected by geometry changes, just use "Approve" after geometry has changed, it will save your time a lot.
I have experienced in a long time ago, roughing cavity mill on block 500x300x250, it was very time-consuming in generating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back