Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lee Plug Part Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeekelemental

Aerospace
Feb 27, 2006
IT
Hi to all, in my company I have create a part family for the
Lee Plug. My be this part family is useful for somebody thath work with hydraulic or simply as template to create other similar parts. I have gain useful suggestion from this forum
and this is my little contribute to it. [smile]
link to the file:

I got a "File not found" error message when I clicked on your link. I believe the link is not complete.

Al Griego

Hi jeekelemental,
and thankks for sharing stuff.

I come to you for a general info: your part is in italian, and i wonder if many companies in Italy are using NX as I'm thinking of moving there (Rome to be more precise).

cheers

David

Hi David, you are correct, I live in Italy (MILANO). I work in Magnaghi Aerospace, a subsidiary of Microtecnica, a subsidiary of Hamilton Sundstrand, a subsidiary ot United Tecnologis Corporation. ...whew..
Hamilton impose the use of UG, and this is the reason because we use UG although our main customer (Agusta, Airbus..) use Catia. So I have noy a clear idea of how much UG is diffused. But I can tell you that FIAT and the great part of its subsidiary of the automotive sector use UG. So the best chance for you is in north of Italy, (headquarter of FIAT is in TORINO) but this company has factory also in the center/sud so may be you can be lucky.

jeek elemental
<sponsor mode on>
if you are curious about my nickname sarch google for:
liege killer paratwa saga
<sponsor mode off>

Hi jeek,

thanks very much for these info, I'll try with Fiat then, I since found out Ducati is also using UG, but I thing they're in the north of Italy.

see you on this site ;o)

David

I've got a quick question on part families. I've got a part family made for a seal that we use. Is it possible to create multiple models in part family for different conditions (uninstalled, and in different thicknesses) for each seal part number? The seal is normally .098 thk, but is crushed to .070 in one installation and .030 in another.

Thanks,
Al

Where can I find information on that? The only thing I found that was close was "deform sheet".

Al

Deformable Parts were introduced in NX 1. They can be found under Tools -> Deformable Parts...

This is a 'Wizard' type function which will lead you through the procedure needed to define a deformable part in a step-by-step fashion.

For more information, open your user Documentation and search on 'deform part'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Product Line
UGS Corp
Cypress, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back