Legacy Protection Relay " GEC OPTIMHO LFZP 112 "

Status
Not open for further replies.

warickwrx

Electrical
Mar 19, 2013
ZA
Gooday All

I have this spesific relay "GEC OPTIMHO LFZP 112" on my network which uses an old piece of setting software called opticom, I would like to know if anyone is aware of newer software that will work with this relay and if it is windows based and what communication cable is required. I need to retrieve fault records of the device.
I think Opticom is still a DOS based program. Any experience or help most most appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Last time I looked, there was no modern equivalent software to opticom. We have kept a couple of old laptops, if we want to use this software.

You might be able to create a virtual machine to run it, but I haven't tried.

Alstom Grid look after this legacy product, and could advise you on other options. (Please share if they advise a better method to run opticom on a modern PC !)

The relay uses a 25 to 9 pin lead. I got mine from GEC a long while back. Alstom should be able to give you the pin connections to make up a lead if you don't have one.

From Internet it is possible to free download a sort of virtual machine for DOS which is called DOSBox. Even thou it takes a bit to configure for the serial ports the help is straightforward and work for me fairly well to run the old applications.

Eduardo Marchesi
EuroSMC
emarch@eurosmc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back