Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

lens focus test for Amada F0 3015 laser for a 7.5'' lens????????? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
what set up is used to do a focus test on a 7.5'' lens??
i only know how to do it on a 5'' lens and not positive im doing that exactly right, this is how i set up for a 5'' lens::
i get a .060 steel rem, 2.0 nozzle, height sensing test, nozzle center, O7001 NC focus check, cut test lines 10 throgh 18 then i find the tightest kerf theni set my AIV setting to the tightest kerf usually around 12 latley been around 15 am i doing it right???????? i what material and nozzle do i use for a 7.5'' lens????? Thank yall in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds good to me. The set up is exactly the same. Don't worry about the cut quality, just the smallest beam width. Also, you may consider the A/O settings. If you are running a FO with a 160i control, in the upper left of the cutting condition page, put it on standard (STD) when you are doing the focus test. It doesn't really matter which one you use just pay attention to it and be consistent.

When you are running the focus test, not you Mr spyder, but for others, please make sure you start off with fat lines and progressively get more narrow then back to fat again. I have seen a few folks who don't get the entire range and then just guess.

One last thing, maybe two. Lens gaskets on this machine can have a big affect on the focus position. Also, if you have had mirror work done recently that can change things as well. Okay, just one more. The inverse is true as well. If you have not had mirror work done in a while, it too can change your base focus position.

thanks LaserNinja!!! and evans1089 no we have no manual on this specific laser and cant find one at all, ENG-TIPS is the best source of info on our laser!!

b20vtechb like i said ive looked all over the web for the exact manual for our laser and cant find one, the example in the manuals you posted are not the way you do a focus test on our laser. Thank you for trying to help.

For give me if it doesn't work awesome. It has been a long time... If I remember correctly, 110 ipm, 1100 watts, 1100 Hz,75% duty, 0.5kg / .05Mpa gas 0.06 nozzle gap.

That will work on any machine.

Now, as I think about it. I wonder if a partial beam, 1100watts would focus different than a full beam 4000watts. It would be interesting to experiment and see. I have heard of people using stainless to focus test. In that case, I would go 16 ga but full power full duty same nozzle but 200ipm maybe more. I think you should try both and report your findings.

and 2 more qustions while im here [bigsmile] what material call out should i use? for my 7.5"should i call out .060 because thats the material im testing on, or .188 because thats what i cut the most with?? same question for my .5" lens?......and one more question on my 10-18 cuts the kerf gets tight around 12 then a little widder but then its get tighter again at abot 15.5 then wide again and at 15.5 the kerf is way tighter than at 12 should i go with 12 or 15.5?????Thanks[3eyes]

Let me start of by saying that focus position is the most important variable on the cutting condition page. Feed rate is as well but i figure that's pretty self explanatory.

With that said, the focus test is just to give you an idea where you should be its not exact science and therefore should not be treated as such. To take some of the guess work out of the focus test I read the results different than most people. I still cut the lines and use feeler gauges but I use a bigger one than you might expect. 0.010 ~ 0.012" I start from the big lines and work my way towards the center until it absolutely does not fit. "GO no GO". Then I proceed from the other side until it doesn't fit any more. The base focus position, for me, is right in the center of those two line where the gauges would no longer fit through the kerf.

Now that the general focus position has been established, each material should be fine tuned to get the best results. Just a thought. When I am fine tuning the 5", I move in increments of 0.020" up and down. With the 7.5" I move 0.040"

If that doesn't answer your questions, please say so and I would be happy to blabber more.

but what material call out should i use @LASERNINJA when testing my 7.5?? should i call out .060 because thats the material im testing on or should i call out .188 or ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back