Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library Feature for Dodge insert

Status
Not open for further replies.

finisher

Mechanical
May 12, 2006
US
I would like to automate the creation of holes for Dodge inserts, including the 8 degree included angle c'sink and a fillet at the bottom of the hole. I need to accomodate about six different sizes. Can this be done with library feature(s)? Would I need a separate library feature for each size insert hole? What are the basic steps in accomplishing this? Can the library feature exist and be available outside of the part file they are created in? Will using the library feature significantly speedup the creation of these special holes as compared to doing them manually?

Thanks in advance for any tips you might like to offer?

finisher
SW2008 SP 3.1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry for the late response - I've been real busy of late. Thanks, Jeff, for pointing me to the help files on this. While I did not succeed with the reusable hole wizard approach I did succeed with the library feature (see attached). After first doing the special hole as a revolve my codesign suggested I do it as a double instance extrude. Now we just drag these library features onto any face of any part. And they are so easily editable for the different sizes we often use. Way cool:) Thanks again!

finisher SW2008 SP4.0

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=669cef84-16ad-45b3-962f-48b150f78e3f&file=Dodge_M3_short.sldlfp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back