Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License price

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm2

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2005
MX
Any idea of what is the price for a perpetual individual license?

any idea of what is the price for accesing the library at the dassaul site?

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are no more "perpetual" licenses. As of 2006, all licenses are granted on a 2 year basis. (based on payment of maintenance fees, per the "pay for use" clause)

Even if they were still issued, prices of licenses are based on the bundle. Bundle prices vary greatly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Catia Design|Catia Design News|Catia V5 blog

From what I understood, the licenses are only like "rented", thus the 2 years validity. If you want to use them more than 2 years, and not buy them all over again, you have to pay for maintenance fees, and after 2 years, they send a new license. But I also heard (it might be wrong information..) that in some special cases, it's possible to "buy" the license from Dassault, so it would be permanent, and you wouldn't have to pay for the maintenance, but you wouldn't get the updates either I think...
And for the prices of the bundles, they vary much as mentioned, but depending on how many licenses you are going to buy, you can always negociate a discount on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back