Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

light switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gihlutax

Industrial
Dec 11, 2010
BE
Hello,

I am stuck with a light switch.

I want to light two lamps with two different switches.
And I want to switch 1 lamp apart from those two.

I0.0 and I0.1 operate q0.0 and q0.1, that's no problem,I already have that.
But switch i0.2 must operate q0.1 apart, and i0.0 and i0.1 have a higher priority.

So if I turn on q0.0 and q0.1 with i0.0, and I turn off q0.1 with i0.2, lamp q0.0 continues to burn. But if I press on i0.0 to turn off q0.0, then q0.1 turns on back.That may not, he must remain off.

Hopefully someone can help me
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Seems like a simple task. But your specification is not very clear.

Are your inputs supposed to toggle the lamps on/off or are they supposed to be static on/off? The "switch i0.2 must operate q0.1 apart, and i0.0 and i0.1 have a higher priority" part of the specification indicates that io.0 and io.1 are static.

It would also help to know if io.2 toggles or is static. You will have two very different diagrams depending on what the case is.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

I0.0,I0.1 and I0.2 are monostable pushbuttons, when I stop pressing on the button de switch opens.

So I used a set-reset function to operate q0.0 and q0.1 With I0.0 and I0.1

If I understand you right, you toggle a latch on/off with io.0 and another latch with io.1. OK so far.

Then, you want a third input, io.2, to override the io.0 so it will be possible to switch the lamp on/off from io.2, but 10.0 shall have priority over io.2?

I am not so sure if that specification is consistent. It will not be possible to let a momentary signal have priority over another momentary switch if you want to use the second switch to override the first switch.

I may have misunderstood you. But that is how I interpret your description.

What PLC are you using? Are you using laqdder, logic diagram or statement list?

Gunnar Englund
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Thank you for your fast reply's

That's what I want like you just explained,
normally it's possible, someone said I have to use "positive and negative edges".

Tommorow I will try to find a solution, now I can't try, cause the plc is not mine.

I'm using S7 and ladder with microwin step7.

Yes, you shall use the edge detector FB, aka monoflop, to set/reset the latch. But that will not make it possible to override input 0 AND at the same time let it be dominant over input 2.

It is possible that you need to reconsider the momentary action of inputs 0 and 1 and use edge detection on input 2. But I still have a problem seeing how input 0 can be dominant BOTH ON AND OFF. You may have to chose one of those states to be dominant.

Or, you have to employ some mind-reading techniques in the S7 :)

Gunnar Englund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back