Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lightweight Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodyBagger

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2007
US
Hello All,
I have a large assy (about 60MB) that I want to open completely as Lightweight and have selected the options to do that. However, when it it done opening I see that it is still resolving some of the sub assemblies. Is there something that I am missing here? If I open a few of the sub assemblies by themselves the do open 100% lightweight but the top level assy does not.

Thanks,
BB

SW09 sp4.1
XP Pro x64
PDMWorks Enterprise 2009

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not positive on this, but in System Option/Performance underneath the "Automatically Load Components Lightweight" it sounds like you may have the "Always Resolve Sub-Assemblies" checked, and maybe it should'nt be?

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

Overworked1 - Thanks for your input, however, I did check that out and the option is "unchecked"

Etron - Thanks for your input but I need to open the entire assembly and as I go from one sub-assy to the next, resolving them as I go.

One thing I did notice is that each sub-assy that opens "resolved" is either a "flexible" assy or it has a "flexible sub-assy" inside of it. Does anyone know if that is a rule of some sort, that flexible sub assy can not be made lightweight?

I just pulled this from the solidworks.com "knowledge base"...

Question: Can a flexible sub assembly be loaded lightweight?

Answer: No, a flexible sub assembly is always loaded as resolved.

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated. I see you are a fellow CADKEY user, my sympathies :) I started using it when it was Cadkey 97'.....I still have nightmares about that software.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back