Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lilium plans US listing as it eyes commercial operations in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1957

Aerospace
Apr 15, 2005
CA
from Flight ...
A new design 7 pax jet with a novel propulsion system into service ... in 2024 ... never !

But they do have a "warchest" of some $3b ... brings to mind the old joke "how do you make a small fortune in aeropsace ?"

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Link

All I can think of looking at that configuration is what is the total power lost due to duct effects of 36 small ducted fans.

Do you think people are just running around with pretty pictures produced for movies to get funding, I am tempted to say yes.

It sure has a nice and different look to it. I would have said it was a concept for the 'Incredibles' movie. It looks to have come closer to an actual certified people carrying Volantor in 5 years that Paul Moller has in 40.

The other day I saw a Lillium feasibility paper circulating on Linkedin.
In there, the author made the grandiose assumption that the batteries would have an energy density of about 320 Wh/Kg.
Ummm no.

About 6 months ago, there *was* a detailed description of their certification program on their website.
It was surprisingly realistic for a prototype/concept plane.
It seems to be gone, now. Websites change....

Please remember: we're not all rednecks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back