Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lime System Sizeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doriska86

Chemical
Nov 29, 2022
AU
Hi,

Can anyone help me with lime system seizing? Its pretreatrment water plant

Plant flow 1000 ML/d = 41667 m3/h
prelime dosage =4 mg/l
post lime dosage = 13 mg/l
concentration 90%
density= 0.4 t/m3
my calcs: flow * dosage (pre+post) = 20777 kg/day = 50m3/d =20 t/d *30 = 600 t/month

we wanna have around 20 m high silo, so i choose 24 m heigh which gives me volume 500 m3 and has 200 t capacity *3 = 600 t/month so i have 3 silos.
That is fine.

but next, dry lime going through rotary valve to hopper how big hopper shoulb be knowing that filling should take maybe 30 minutes and storage 4h and at what speed dry lime should leave the silo? i need have some assumptions because i dont have this data, how big hopper suppose to be?

and then from hopper lime is going to lime slurry tank where i want to have concentration 5% and 10 minuts detention time
volume of tank would be then : 10 min * flow = 0.166h*41667=7000m3
but how much water and lime i am adding like 5kg lime and 95 kg of water? thats gives me 5% correct?

just easy estimation calcs nothing really demanding, however i cant find any example in any book nor websites, if anyone can share any info useful website or spreadsheet i will really appreciate.
thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back