Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limit switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max86

Industrial
Nov 2, 2014
US
Hello I'm stumped on what I think should be very easy but having complete mental block on figuring it out. In the past I used a 12 volt linear actuator with adjustable limit switches to control length of movement. I wasn't satisfied with the speed of these actuators and went to stronger/faster actuators that could only use limit switches in dryer environments, I need them to work in wet environments so I'm using the new linear actuators without limit switches. I need to have somewhat very simple/adjustable limiting and at first thought about just using a DPDT polarity reversing switch (possibly a mom on-on mom on switch) that would contact a slider bracket mounted to the actuators but now don't think that would work like I would want, also I'm unable to even find such a switch without having it custom built. These actuators are somewhat continuously moving a load in/out and when the preset length were obtained, I need to be able to instantly reverse the direction if necessary. I currently use a DPDT mom on-off-mom on switch to control the actuators. I've searched for different switch configurations that might work but not seeing what might work and still have that mental block!

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Max

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have got answers in another thread. Do not double post. It creates lots of confusion.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
Half full - Half empty? I don't mind. It's what in it that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back