Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Limited use on some tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreatheEasy

Industrial
Jul 23, 2013
GB
Hello,

I'm using NX6 and have recently been using the Rapid Surfacing tool to fully surface STL files and then sew them into a solid. However, I've only done a couple of components and now I get an error message whenever I click on the Rapid Surfacing tool. It reads

License Error: Module "nx_freeform_2" license is not available.

Is it possible that this tool is not part of our license thus only allowing me to use it a limited number of times like a kind of demo?

I've shut my PC down fully and rebooted, but it does not fix the problem.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How many seats of NX do you have running on the same license server? If it's more than one, someone else might have this license tired-up (i.e. checked-out). Have everyone exit NX and then check to see if the license is available. Under normal conditions, there are no options like 'you can use it only 10 times', that I'm aware of.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

There are seats available because I can use NX and use other tools, but not tools that are in the Freeform category.
Or is it possible to have a separate amount of seats for the freeform license?

Unless ALL your seats are bundles, yes, there could be less seats of some modules than the maximum number of sessions of NX that you're able run at one time.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back