Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line number sequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanh Tran

Industrial
Jan 7, 2021
US
Hi, I am trying to code a drawing that have about 8,500 small holes (part size 17”x17”). I use the MetaCam software. The laser is Mitsubishi 3015-40LPV. In the stimulation mode on the laser screen, an error will occur if the line number N is greater than N99990. I want to omit the line number sequences when coding but no option to omit. Is there a way to solve this problem besides of dividing the drawing to smaller section then coding to keep line number sequences below 99990?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f21d0e2d-5259-4a3c-89f3-5eabf390b443&file=6D42756F-CF77-4EBC-A70F-5668DC32553B.jpeg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is an option in the MetaCAM post to omit line sequence numbers. When you get ready to generate the NC a window will pop up with options. Also, the NC Code may be too large for the CNC to handle(LV Series had a 1 Mb capacity). I can help if you wish to share your DXF file and generate a program for you with no sequence numbers. beamout@gmail.com

@laserkatana
When generating the NC file, a window pops up but no option to omit the line number sequences. It’s ok. We will divide the drawing to sections then code. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back