Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line Types and Solids not visible! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

11echo

Petroleum
Jun 4, 2002
US
I'm working with AutoCAD 2005 and I'm working on an existing drawing. My problem is I'm back and forth in model space/paper space and when I go to either place I'm not see the different line types(every one appears to be continuous) and anything that has a solid fill is now just and outline. When I plot the drawing everything is plotted correctly, but this is a pain to work with because you're not sure what is what, and having to plot out the drawing just to look at lines and solids is a PAIN! I have other drawings, just as large and dealing with the model space/paper space thing and I have no problems. I'm pretty much guessing there is some toggle, switch, or value somewhere to "fix" this problem, I'm just not bright enough to know where to look! Any honchos out there that can help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you see your different line types in MS but not in PS, when in PS and the drawing is to scale, select the MS tag, then type LTSCALE and the ZERO option and REGEN. All line types in MS will show up select switch back to PAPER.

Sure, as pointed out above linetype scale is a must when in MS. When in PS, if linetypes are all solid when they s/b be dash, dotted etc..., invoke LTSCALE and Zero(0),then regen but make sure that the bottom tab is in MODEL when you regen then switch bacl to PAPER.

I know all about LTS, I normally use the PSLTSCALE command to deal with this issue. This is something else! I have fillmode at 1. The dwg. scale is 1/4"=1'-0" but the viewport is at 1=1 scale (boss has a thing for ALL dwg. plotting at 1=1!??) So DIMSCALE is 1 also. I do this on other dwg.s with no problem. The other thing I need to mention is I notice when I move things around, AutoCAD leaves a "ghost image" in it's place! The only way I can't determine if it's not an entity on an entity is by doing a "REGENALL". Still having issues with linetypes not being shown correctly (all continuous)both in PS & MS. This has to be some switch or value somewhere that needs to be changed!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back