Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line weights on pdf drawings all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

will-eng

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2016
US
In NX i have some components that i have purposely shown in a bolder line weight. When export it as a pdf or try to print dirextly from NX the line weight are all the same. Why is that? Do i need to change a setting to be able to keep the lineweights how i have them.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the pen table to see what pen is being used for your line weights or line colors, depending on how you are plotting.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You have different settings for line weights in the part, when printing, when plotting, when exporting CGM and when exporting PDFs.
The settings are available in the actual dialog.
These should all be pre-defined in the customer defaults. ( they already are but you might want to check the settings)

You do not mention what NX version you are using.
File - Print is somewhat a screendump, -even if you send it on to a pdf printer.
OLDER versions of NX ONLY used a single line weight in File - Print.

( Note, only the File Print is/(Or was?) a screendump. the other methods are not. NX10 does print pretty nice.)

Regards,
Tomas

Thanks for the responses. I am using NX 10, and i have tried playing with some of the settings on the print and the export pdf dialogs. Just wondering if there are setting somewhere else and where if so.

On the export PDF dialog you can set the Widths to Custom Widths Then select Define Widths You can set the PDF Custom Thin, Normal Thick etc. to what you need. You will need to experiment to get the desired output.

Once you get something your happy with on the Define Widths dialog you can save a .wdf file

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Aerospace CT
NX 10 Vericut 7.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back