Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Linear Dynamic Model doing a harmonic study measuring relative displacement between two points

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdixonm

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2016
US
Hi doing a harmonic analysis and I want to know the relative displacement between to points on my structure. I have not been able to find a method to either get the relative max distance for the frequency graph nor find the phase angle. If anybody can help that would be great.

A little back ground on the problem. I am currently testing it on a basic shape with one side fixed and the top receiving an external load of 1N the shape is just a lever arm with a base for my quick test model.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you not just probe and get the two displacements at the points you need and do the math?
You could also put workflow sensitive sensors at those points to make sure you are grabbing the exact spots when probing.

I actually figured it out I had to right click the results in the feature tree and it had the an option for response graph or something along those lines that was nowhere else to be found. That has an option for phase angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back