Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines disappearing on my drawing view

Status
Not open for further replies.

uGlay

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2006
Im working on a drawing file. In the isometric view of my model, there is a cluster of lines that disappear for no reason. I've tried making a new view, a new file but they keep disappearing.

I tried refresh, forced rebuild, restart sw and restart computer and im still getting the same problem. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

Oh yeah, i printed it and they come out disappeared also. I tried selecting them and clicking 'show edge' but nothing, the option is not even there.

I'm stumped... any ideas, advice would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've had something similar happen to me a few times, but for me it's the entire view. What works for me in that case (which may be different!) is to actually make some small change to the assembly model geometry, which really forces all that drawing geometry to be regenerated. After I switch back to the drawing and rebuild, the geometry reappears. I can then go back to the model and change back what I had changed.

Is you video card SWx certified
what release of SWx & service pack are you running

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 3.0 & Pro/E 2001
XP Pro SP2.0 P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

(In reference to David Beckham) "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right." -- George Best

RMB on the view, select tangent edges. Is it set to "Tangent edges visible"?

Cole M
CSWP, CSWST, CSWI, CPDM
SW06
SW07
IBM T42p, 2g proc., 1g RAM,ATI Mobility Fire GL T2
HP XW4100, 3g proc., 3g RAM, Nvidia Quadro 980 XGL
HP XW4300, 3.4g proc, 2.5g RAM, ATI Fire GL 3100

It sounds to me like Anne's got this one. If you have one body crashing through another, the lines leading to the crash (tangent edges, normally) will often disappear. Eliminate the interfering mass, and you'll probably see your lines reappear.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

So, no multiple bodies in the part I suppose? Hmmm. ..

What happens if you place the view again with a slightly different angle (not necessarily a pure isometric)? Does that solve it?

I have had parts that do this in the past, and a new angle solves the problem (generally). But I rarely encounter this (although I rarely create drawings anymore, either).

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

mhh. i switched from hidden lines view to wireframe and back to hidden lines and it went back to normal.... i saved, moved around, went to other pages, came back and its okay.

im stumped. the only thing is that the print quality of that view is kinda rough even though the display style is set to high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back