Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Linetype for PE Stamp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On the other hand I have deliberately not made an electronic PE stamp and instead use a raised seal stamp to protect myself and my clients and conform to some states' laws.

Can you explain how I would make either my own linetype or a polar array of donuts?

I work in CATIA and Pro/E rather than AutoCAD. Unfortunately, parametric modeling doesn't do well for creating pesky things like PE stamps.

I'm not concerned about the liability right now. I don't forsee a need to use it anytime in the near future, but just want it because it looks cool. It's legal in my state.

The Autocad command "donut" asks for an ID (use zero) and an OD (use what you want). Then use the Autocad command "Block" to make a block of the dot. Then use the Autocad command "Array" to put them in a circle.

If you want open dots, do this:
Draw the big circle.
Use the Autocad command "Divide" to divide the circle into as many parts as the quantity of dots. Then use the Autocad command "Pdmode" and make it 33. Then use the Autocad command "pdsize" and make it visually correct.

Thanks, that was pretty easy! The donut didn't work for me but I created a circle, made it solid, and then used the array command to repeat it. Slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back