Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Link error to a Lib File in Fortran

Status
Not open for further replies.

haizicqu

Mechanical
Dec 18, 2009
US
I want to use some functions from ATLFOR.LIB. I added this lib file to my project and then build it. following error occur (If I add compiler's libraries, no such errors) :
--------------------Configuration: test11 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
..\..\DF98\LIB\ATLFOR.LIB : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Error executing link.exe.
--------------------Configuration: test11 - Win32 Debug--------------------Linking.....\..\DF98\LIB\ATLFOR.LIB : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt fileError executing link.exe.

I checked the error, it said that ATLFOR.lib file either has a corrupt header or is zero size or abnormally small. However, other guys use this files two years ago successfully.
Does anybody know how to fix this error?
Also, I want to read the content of library files like ATLFOR.LIB. Does anybody know how to read a file as ATLFOR.LIB? I donot have any fortran code to rebuild the lib again. If I can have access to the content to the library files, I can rebuild them.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At a guess, this was built with the 16bit MS compiler and you're trying to use with with a 32 bit compiler.

The ones built with the 16 bit MS compiler begin with F00D.

You do realize that libraries are compiled code, hence, they only contain binary executable? There are, of course, decompilers, but they often do not get back to anything beyond a purely mechanistic abstraction of the original code.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Check with the guys who managed to use it - see what compiler they used. At a guess it was MS 5.0 compiler which is 16 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back