Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

[Linker Error] for c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jroll

Computer
Sep 9, 2003
US
I was just trying to make sure I can get a program to run, so i typed in the simple display message

#include <iostream.h>

void main()
{
cout << &quot;Hello World&quot;;
}

I got 2 errors

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_Form1' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\PROJECTS\PROJECT2.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'TForm1::' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\PROJECTS\PROJECT2.OBJ

Help me on this please.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I to have just started using Borland (C++ Builder 6) so this may not be much use but I have found that these errors are usually associated with methods defined in the header file but not existing in the main file.

I am new to C++ and have to do this project.I am using Borland C++ builder 5.0 .I need help and any pointers will be appreciated.
I basically have a log in form which directs you to the main form once authentication (username and password) is done.

I am trying to bypass the login form and want to go directly to the main form. This is the change i made in the WinMain

Application->Initialize();
//Application->CreateForm(__classid(TfrmLogin), &frmLogin);
Application->CreateForm(__classid(TfrmMain), &frmMain);
Application->Run();

The log in form works fine but when i try the main form, i get the following error

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_frmMain' referenced from D:\NEWTESTING\MYProjectSHELL.OBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back