Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linking abaqus to fortran

Status
Not open for further replies.

alperturan

Civil/Environmental
Oct 24, 2003
SA
Hi All,

i am a relatively new Abaqus user. I have a Umat subroutine and corresponding inp file. When I want to get them run togather, (abaqus job=... user=...) solution is interrupted wit the error. Can anyone tell me if;

1. I need to install a Fortran compiler?

2. If yes, how do I run it before I write the command given about?

3. What is the simplest procedure to at least get one of the example problems run?

your helps will be appreciated.

My regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. Yes, you need a Fortran compiler , for ABAQUS v6.x, x>=6 you need Intel Fortran, which in turns will need MS Visual C++. Check the software requirements for the ABAQUS version you run.

2. You do not need to run the compiler independently, but rather ABAQUS will run the compiler/linker in background to compile/link the subroutine file, when you submit the job. You might need to set the paths to some executable and library files in the PATH environment variable.

3.After installing the compiler , check the installation by running:
>>abaqus verify -user_std

See:
ABAQUS Installation and Licensing Guide Manual (v6.6)->Appendix F: Verification procedure

for details on verifying the installation.

I have checked the installation by running: >>abaqus verify -user_std. However, it looks like I still don't have a proper linking between Fortran and Abaqus. Currently, i have Abaqus 6.6.1 and Intel Fortran 9.1 and MS visual studio 2005. I think I am having a kind of conflict due to different versions.

Running "abaqus verify" creates a .log file (in a folder called "verify") which gives you some details about what is wrong. Commonly, you need to edit the PATH/LIB variables to include the paths to either link.exe or to some .lib files.

Hi Alperturan,

I have the same problem. Were you able to solve yours? I have been trying to get this linking problem worked out without any success. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Regis

You need to correctly setting environment variables to allow ABAQUS to detect compilers.

You can get more info from ABAQUS answers.

Hi guys,

I have run >>abaqus verify -user_std command and got following warning. I still have the linking problem.
Please let me know where excatly can I find the ifort.exe (please give a path) and should I add this path to only Path part in environment or it needs to be added to other parts such as lib.

No FLEXlm licanse servers are specifid in ABAQUS environment file. Please see ABAQUS site guide for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back