Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking dimensions to notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneeyedwitchdoctor

Mechanical
Dec 11, 2007
NO
Hi, I recently changed jobs and am now using Solidworks as opposed to Pro/E and have what I think will be an easy question for more experienced Solidworks users:
What creating a drawing in Pro/E I could add dimensional properties (ie a length) to a note by adding its name with an & prefix to a note. So for example i a note I'd write "Drill to a depth of &D1". From tinkering about in Solidworks I guess I could do this by linking the dimension and giving it a name in the model, but I guess there must be a quicker way to do it than that.

Also, is it possible in a part/assy to keep the shaded cosmetic threads visible (so i can see them on ODs/IDs but turn off the annoying hidden thread lines that I can see through the shaded model.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Displaying the value of a dimension in a note is even easier than that. All you have to do is click on the dimension while editing the note text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back