Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking offset planes to design table

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesEtch

Industrial
Sep 9, 2002
EU
Hi there, I would be grateful if anyone had any help on this issue. I wish to insert an number of planes offset to plane 1 in a solidworks part. Is there any way to link the offset distance of the planes to values in the design table I have created? At the moment I just manually insert the offset distance but it would be usefull for the plane positions to be differtent when using different configurations, thanks,

James Etchells

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Piece of cake...
I'll assume you're somewhat familiar with DESIGN TABLES.
Find the PLANES you created in the FEATURE MANAGER.
Double-Click it and you'll see the offset dimension that defines it.
Then Double-click that dimension to add it to your DESIGN TABLE.
As a general rule:
If you can see it and click it, you can add it to a DESIGN TABLE and drive it. "Where oh where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and, phbbbt, you were gone."
Hee Haw [jester]

After you add the info to the DT like TateJ has specified.

Once your in Excel (or DT) and lets say your first plane is located in Cell B2 and every plane after that is the in following cells..C2, D2, E2, etc....

You would set distance in B3 to say 4, then under C2 you put =B3, Then copy that to each cell defining a plane.

IHTH, Scott Baugh, CSWP [spin] [americanflag]
credence69@REMOVEhotmail.com

*When in doubt always check the help*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back