Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Linking text values

Status
Not open for further replies.

cninneman

Industrial
Nov 18, 2004
US
I've been away from AutoCAD for a few years, and I was never a master of it in the first place. However, I have a question on linking text....Can it be done? From what I can recall I don't think it's possible, but maybe there are tricks that I don't know about.

I've got a situation where a coworker is using AutoCAD, and he has a bit of text on the drawing. Let's say it's a part number, that part number is displayed in quite a few areas on the drawing, he'd like to be able to change it at one location and have the rest update accordingly. Is there anyway to make this happen? I know about atributes and that sort of thing, but not enough to know if this is a situation that they would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.
Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the part number is a block or an attributed block, any change that you make to either the block or the attributed block will be reflected to those other texts(part numbers). Do an LI command on anyone of those texts to determine from the history screen if they are blocks, attributed blocks or just plain text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back