Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux serial communication => nul characters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hostbuster

Computer
Apr 8, 2005
DE
Hi,

i programming (c++) a communication application using struct termios. the communication runs but the character 0 (ASCII NUL, binary 0) will ignored, always and at both streams, input and output. the communication port is /dev/ttyS0 (PC-Com1).

the essential configuration of the port is setting on "raw" (non-canonical, ...) and all input and output options are disabled (no parity checking, no OPOST, ...).

what can i do to transfer the nul character correctly??

thanks all!!!!

hostbuster

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I cannot c++ but I have done some comm applications: is it possible that your application considers nullce as field delimiter? Can you perhaps change the null to some least frequently used character instead of it just before the transmission? This is not an exellent step but works.
m777182

Hi m777182,

thank you for your reply. That was my first self written communication program under linux. In raw mode nul characters will transferred. The fault was between the ears :(
Now i can say (for interested programmers and beginners): programming serial communication for linux is very easy!!! easier than for windows!!!

thank you and best regards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back