Liqueur Production Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

outr4ge

Bioengineer
Jan 15, 2014
PT
Hello all!

I am currently in charge of developing a liqueur production plant. It's a small project, it's kind of a scale up since the owners want to take the homemade recipe and turn it into a business.

Currently i'm somewhat lost about the whole process. The client doesn't have a clue about process variables so i'm assuming some values. The question is i don't know any benchmark or reference to compare it to.

Currently I'm estimating a pressure vessel for hot maceration. I've used a design pressure of 2 bar and a design pressure of 85ºC which is a bit above the boiling point of ethanol. The working volume is 6000L.

They want the whole plant made from scratch and i'm still a newbie at this.

Do any of you good folks here have some advice or references on this?

Thank you so much for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I would look at used process equipment to get an idea of what is out there and how much it costs. lcec and perryvidex are some websites to look at. Also If you want to sell food grade material, there are a lot of regulations to watch out for. good luck!

There are a fair number of small distilleries out there that allow tours. Put your drinking hat on and go to work.
You could seriously get a lot of ideas between used equipment and seeing some other layouts to make progress in your plan.
There are some things you need to know as you scale up though. For instance. I once spoke to an engineering firm that made large ethanol distillation towers. Turns out that if you do not draw off the methanol on a side draw stream near the top the column will vapor lock and you won't get any product out the top. Who new?

Regards
StoneCold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back